After attending Mohawk College Applied Music Program in Hamilton, Ontario, Carlos was performing with Carnival Cruise Lines as a Band Leader and drummer. He also performed at Hamilton Theatre Inc. production shows including ‘And The World Goes Round’ the songs of Kander & Ebb. Since moving to Canada Carlos has play a countless of shows in the province including Afro Fest, Orangeville Blues Festival, Beaches Jazz Festival, Hamilton Arts Awards and Hamilton World Music Festival, Hamilton It’s Your Fest, and Pan am Games. His deep knowledge of all musical styles makes him a flexible and versatile instructor no matter what the style of music. Carlos offers instruction for
drummers of all skill levels and genres. His teaching method focuses on preparing and equipping students for live performances. He believes that the best way to learn the drums is to play with other musicians and have fun doing it! He can currently be seen performing throughout the province with various Rock, Rhythm & Blues Bands, and his own Latin Jazz Ensemble. Carlos is dedicated to providing his students with the highest level of drumming instruction and helping his students reach their drumming potential.
- Lessons cover: practical technique, music theory, rhythm studies, stick control, and rudiments
- Curriculum is custom-tailored to each student
- Concrete goals are given for practicing to enhance learning and achieve the best results possible
- Emphasis on having fun in a creative and supportive environment
- Drum set and percussion instruments are all available for private lessons
- Student Recitals and Performance Classes are also encouraged and take place at various times throughout the year.
2020/2021 Teaching Days: Wednesdays. In person and online options.