“Jazz combines the technical and disciplined foundation of ballet in a more upbeat and fun way. Jazz uses fast paced movements, strong and powerful action as well as a certain type of flare in the body’s personality. Anyone who needs something quicker paced or who wants to explore more dynamics to improve the speed and quality of their movement would benefit from taking jazz.”
Emily attended York University, receiving an Honours Bachelor of Arts. She studied literature and dance, with a focus on pedagogy, anatomy, kinesiology, and mentorship. Emily worked in arts administration with Canada’s National Ballet...
Miss Heather-Ami is Certified dance teacher with over 15 years teaching and coaching experience. She holds a BFA Spec. Hons in Dance from York University, Toronto (specializing in Kinesiology and Dance for the Young Child). After...
- HCA Creation Collective: A Blog on the Creative Process
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Amplifying Youth Voices Through HCA’s Creation Collective
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Unleash Your Creativity with Luke Brown
- The Passion of Flamenco: Spotlight on Carmen Romero
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Haleigh Eady Uses the Gift of Movement