Emily attended York University, receiving an Honours Bachelor of Arts. She studied literature and dance, with a focus on pedagogy, anatomy, kinesiology, and mentorship. Emily worked in arts administration with Canada’s National Ballet...
“Lyrical is all about expressing oneself emotionally on a mature level. It combines the dynamics and technical qualities of ballet, jazz and modern into a more contemporary stylized dance form. Lyrical can enhance a student’s understanding of performance quality and what it means to have passion behind each and every step you perform. Whether needing to crack out of your shell or to immerse in a world where expression is accepted warmly in a safe environment, lyrical can help a student be fully engaged in their dancing.”
Miss Heather-Ami is Certified dance teacher with over 15 years teaching and coaching experience. She holds a BFA Spec. Hons in Dance from York University, Toronto (specializing in Kinesiology and Dance for the Young Child). After...
Sharon Denise studied teaching, performance and anatomy, receiving Honours at York University. She is also a graduate from Canada’s National Ballet School’s prestigious Teacher Training Program, the foremost ballet teacher training...
- HCA Creation Collective: A Blog on the Creative Process
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Amplifying Youth Voices Through HCA’s Creation Collective
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Unleash Your Creativity with Luke Brown
- The Passion of Flamenco: Spotlight on Carmen Romero
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Haleigh Eady Uses the Gift of Movement