Emily attended York University, receiving an Honours Bachelor of Arts. She studied literature and dance, with a focus on pedagogy, anatomy, kinesiology, and mentorship. Emily worked in arts administration with Canada’s National Ballet...
“Lyrical is all about expressing oneself emotionally on a mature level. It combines the dynamics and technical qualities of ballet, jazz and modern into a more contemporary stylized dance form. Lyrical can enhance a student’s understanding of performance quality and what it means to have passion behind each and every step you perform. Whether needing to crack out of your shell or to immerse in a world where expression is accepted warmly in a safe environment, lyrical can help a student be fully engaged in their dancing.”
Miss Heather-Ami is Certified dance teacher with over 15 years teaching and coaching experience. She holds a BFA Spec. Hons in Dance from York University, Toronto (specializing in Kinesiology and Dance for the Young Child). After...
- HCA Creation Collective: A Blog on the Creative Process
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Amplifying Youth Voices Through HCA’s Creation Collective
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Unleash Your Creativity with Luke Brown
- The Passion of Flamenco: Spotlight on Carmen Romero
- #ArtsLiveHere Blog: Haleigh Eady Uses the Gift of Movement